Apr 20, 2021
anthropologists, Rich Kizer and Georganne Bender, discuss their watershed moments
and how the pandemic has changed the retail landscape for the
better. Despite the rise of eCommerce, Brick & Mortar is here
- We are at a fork in the road
moment for many businesses right now.
- Another fork in the road in
retail was when Big Box retail entered the US retail landscape,
especially for small town retailers. It required a shift in
- Stores are living organisms —
- You think you’re in control of your business and of your life —
- The pandemic has forced all of us to rethink who we are, what
we do, and how we do it. It will make all of us better in many
- This is not the “new normal.” It’s the “now
- Future of retail:
- Once an online retailer hit’s a certain plateau, it is too
expensive for them to grow sales online without a brick and mortar
- Visiting a store is the “icing
on the cake” for customers.
- Buy Online Pickup In Store will
be a large driver for brick and mortar.
- Shopping is social - that will
never go away.
- People are looking for
experience, and for many products they want to touch and feel
- How is the consumer
- Customers have always held the
cards, but since COVID they hold every single card.
- Retailers have to figure out
how to engage them and keep them loyal.
- Where consumers go will depend
on what the retailer does to attract them - BOPIS, curbside pickup,
and other conveniences, as well as how the store keeps them
To contact Rich and Georganne,
you can reach them at email@example.com. Or find them on LinkedIn at Rich Kizer and Georganne Bender.
If you'd like to be a guest on the podcast, reach out to Clint
O’Rear at Clint@CreativeRetailTalks.com.
Learn how Clint and his team at Creative Sales Consulting connect suppliers &
retailers in the creative arts industries to build stronger
relationships and strategic sales growth, in order to bring joy to
consumers through artistic creative and decorative products.
"Carpe Diem" Kevin MacLeod
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License